Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Creative playing

crystal portal mandala
CRYSTAL PORTAL MANDALA
© Sue O'Kieffe 2007


Creating this mandala was all about playtime. What inspired me was thinking about messages and language and the history that crystals hold within them about the earth. If crystals have stories to share with us, how would they look visually/graphically? Could we step through this portal to find the answer? I see the markings along the rim as encrypted messages, perhaps an invitation. What does it say to you?

I used an Arkansas crytal point as the source image for this mandala.

3 comments:

artofandrewdaniel said...

I love that color in this one and the depth! I have been using turqouise in my present painting too. :)

artofandrewdaniel said...

It will be great to meet you sue!

dianeclancy said...

I love the vibrating of the turqouise!

- Diane Clancy