Pages

Saturday, November 03, 2007

PHOTOSHOP: HUE/SATURATION COLORIZING

For today's tutorial I thought I would show you a simple way to convert color photographs to greyscale and then colorize them using a hue/saturation adjustment layer.


This is a photograph of the entrance to a retro used clothing store where I live.


Click on the adjustment layer icon button and select hue/saturation. Drag the saturation lever all the way to the left to totally desaturate the image to grayscale. Tick Colorize window.
Play with hue/saturation levers until you are happy with the results. This setting is Hue 76/Saturation 24
This setting is Hue 329/Saturation 93.

Have fun playing with another way to colorize photographs. How could you integrate this technique with others I have demonstrated here? (When you figure that out, please share them with me!)

Also, in case you've never noticed my links to the right, I also have a list of resources for photoshop tutorials you might find useful. Most of them I think are geared to newer versions of PS, but you never know what you might learn.

Happy Photoshopping!

© Sue O'Kieffe 2007





2 comments:

Bobbie said...

Thank you, Sue, for another great tutorial. I MUST start using adjustment layers. Please keep hitting me over the head with this subject. he he.

I'll check out your links. p.s. I've been slowly checking them out already, but will pay special attention to the tutorials.

dianeclancy said...

Hi Sue,

This is a fun tutorial!! Thank you.

And very clear - even I don't have questions about it! You have been very helpful with these tutorials!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog