source image - dandelion gone to seed
When considerng creating a mandala for 2009, I wanted to make one using a basic four rayed structure, because 1/1/2009 breaks down to 4 numerologically (1+1+2+9=13 1+3=4). Fours are the number of structure and stability. During these shaky times we are facing, I think it is good to assume we are stabilized and work towards the change we need to make it so in our lives.
I have been contemplating my intentions and the theme I want to embrace for the coming year. Last year I explored Wonder and Mystery a lot in my art. Not only has my digital art grown in depth, but I have also embraced the non-digital world with gusto. I hope you have discovered my doodle blog in your wanderings. Letting go of my fear of drawing has been liberating and given me the courage to be free to explore whatever I want. Possibilities are limitless!
Well, I had hoped that this would be posted in time to go out with FeedBlitz's Jan 1st mailings, but it didn't and I think it's just as well. As I was thinking and writing upon rising this morning (Happy New Year everyone!), I realized the word I have been looking for is Balance. It has been showing up for a much of this past year with all of my green mandalas. Green is the color of the heart, the fourth chakra, the balance point between mind and body.
When I look at this image, I see the old being swept out and the new being welcomed in.
- being willing to step up to myself
- being willing to let go of old stories that no longer serve me
- being willing to change the structures of my life to shift where my life is "out of balance"
- being willing to keep my heart open while maintaining my boundaries and listening to my gut
- being willing to become more transparent
- being willing to share my feelings more honestly
- being willing to include care of the physical and financial body, as well as the emotional, mental, spiritual, and creative bodies; when one of these is out of balance, the rest of me suffers
- being willing to investigate ways of opening up and expanding my art business
Last night I heard a local DJ read this article on her radio program about the numerological aspects of 2009. It echoed for me the basic feeling I have at the pit of my stomach that we are shifting into a better, more hopeful year. Take the time to read it. It's good stuff.
Sacred Circle Mandalas