Pages

Monday, January 03, 2011

Prosperity Mandala and Words for the Year



Prosperity Mandala (Circles of Prosperity) © Sue O'Kieffe 2011
source image-red camelia

I woke up on New Year's Eve day remembering a dream. I was approaching a round red door. It was huge. I was hearing the words Prosper. Power.Passion. I saw the circular door as a portal. I felt in awe of the power in the red before me.

I've been thinking about this dream for the past couple of days and knew that I wanted to create a mandala to commemorate and celebrate the feeling from  the dream. I don't know a lot about feng shui, but I do know that in the East, red represents prosperity and in the West it represents love and passion. This is all simplified, I know. Maybe some of you know about these concepts and can fill me in a bit.

So here we are at the end of the old year/beginning of the new year reflection part of the program:

I'm proud of what I accomplished in 2010. I lost 30 pounds (now 40 pounds in total), got my art out in the world, (etsy. three art shows. 7 local greeting card vendors. 3 calendars) and really began to focus on what prosperity means to me. I spent an awesome 90 days in a Prosperity Consciousness Raising class with Sage Taylor Kingsley-Goddard. (By the way, she is having free TelAttunements teleseminars tomorrow January 4th and January 18th.Here's the details. I am sharing this with you as a recommendation. I am not an affiliate of her program right now). And what I have I learned from this program?  Love myself first. Everything else follows.

For the past three years I have chosen a word of the year instead of making resolutions that don't work. I don't know if these words work either, but they do give me some focus. I taped them on my computer monitor so I won't forget. I don't remember last year's word. It appears I never wrote about it. But this year I choose to Love and Prosper.Active, powerful verbs, filled with lots of juicy red, methinks.

Happy New Year, everyone. May it be filled with your heart's desires!

Sue O'Kieffe
Sacred Circle Mandalas

No comments: