Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

Many Blessings Mandala


Many Blessings Mandala - Circle of Being Series - © Sue O'Kieffe 2014



For whatever reason, yesterday  - 9/11/2014 - was a hard day for me. I felt out of sorts and depressed. I wondered how many other people out there remembering that day 13 years ago were having a hard time of it as well, and so I turned to the healing power of mandalas to offer some soothing relief.


source inspirations:


I felt drawn to use autumnal colors. This particular variety of heather and these maroon-brown coral bell leaves spoke of transition and change. I created the mandala in eight segments to remind us that our abilities to heal are infinite.  What came through, as I massaged the various layers in Photoshop, was quite unexpected. Purple for spiritual healing, red for grounding, and pink tones for the heart all came out to play. These are Nature's offerings here for us to take in however they are  most needed.

Many Blessings.

Sue O'Kieffe
Sacred Circle Mandalas

No comments: