Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2008

SACRED LIFE SUNDAY - LET IT BE

mother maryOur task must be to free ourselves . . .
by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures
and the whole of nature and its beauty.

~Albert Einstein


Today I am grateful for the time I spent yesterday renewing friendship with my friend Lorlyn. She and I are techno-geek grrrl friends, Photoshop mavens, and spiritual allies. I couldn't be happier or feel more blessed that she and I continue to nurture our friendship and be able to pick up where we left off from the last time we saw each other (right before Thanksgiving), even though she has moved away from the North Coast of California. After celebrating her birthday and our friendship with a delicious crepe breakfast in Arcata, we mosied up to Trinidad for a walk-around-the-town photo shoot.

How can anyone not be inspired when surrounded by beauty like this?



7 comments:

John M. Mora said...

I am on the blackberry and only see the photograph of what must be May. I am so glad you had a lovely day with your friend.

Coffee at breakfast tastes best in Northern California.

John M. Mora said...

Wow - delayed gratification - the pic trail pics are great - close ups and the ocean vista - nice day indeed.

you mified a feaw and left the others and this makes it a wonder - like a magic trick without a ravid rabbit.

Off to bed - I kep telling my jkids I expectred more for Father's Day (cards, presents, attention).

lebanesa said...

such beautiful pictures. These are incredible close-ups. Glad you had such a joyful day and got such lovely shots for us to see. thx.

The Artful Eye said...

Sue,good friendships are hard to come by, so glad you had this wonderful time catching up with your friend.

These photos are remarkable, I love the close-ups and have a great fondness for these Madonna statues.

In a recent comment usually don't have a preconceived idea. I just begin either by painting or cutting and pasting paper and hope the art speaks to me in the end, otherwise I just wait, some thought, or experience may come to mind and then I write.

I have written about it here.
http://www.artfuleye.com/2008/04/life-its-ephemeral.html

Hardly perfect.:) Just soul food.
What's perfect?

Best to you.

Anonymous said...

it's a good thing you guys managed to keep that friendship!

Bobbie said...

You are blessed to live in such a beautiful environment. I love the closeups especially the snail which is a mandala in itself. The Madonna is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

good song.

ringo, honestly.