source image - wild anise
On my last posting I introduced you to the concept of the Preferential Shape Test, which was developed by cultural anthropologist Angeles Arrien.
Thanks to all of you who have let me know the order of your shape preferences. I'm sure you are curious to know the significance of the order positions. Here goes!
- Position 1 - Where You Think You Are - The shape placed here signals the process that now has your attention. It describes the part of yourself of which you are most aware...and most comfortable...at this time. However, it is not the most accurate indicator ...it only shows where you think you are or where you would like to be....it may mean you admire the qualities of the process it represents
- Position 2 - Your Strengths - The shape you have chosen as your second preference exhibits an inherent strength predominant in you at this time, whether you know it or not. The shape in this position indicates areas of your nature that are currently fluid, strong, and resourceful.
- Position 3 - Where You Are - This shape stands for the work that is really going on, at the core of your being. You must be aware of it in order to fully manifest the potential it represents. Think of Goldilocks ... when presented with multiple choices, the third choice was the best one for her (just right)
- Position 4 - Your Motivation - Position 4 points to past challenges that have motivated your current process of change. The fourth position ...discloses the motivation that triggered your move into the core work to be done symbolized by the shape in Position 3.
- Position 5 - Old, Unfinished Business - This shape identifies a process you have outgrown or one that you dislike. The fifth position is associated with unresolved issues you now wish to put aside and will reclaim at a later date.
Next time I will talk about the shapes themselves. I'd love to hear what you think about this process.
Sacred Circle Mandalas