Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

EVOLUTION OF DREAMS



Blue Dream Mandalas 1-4 (Dream Circle Series) - © Sue O'Kieffe 2009
source image - ornamental kale

Pre sleep imagery and those visions that appear behind your eyelids during meditation inspired this series of mandalas.
--------------------------

I am taking an online class at Digital Art Academy learning how to paint in Photoshop. I love learning new Photoshop skills. On a spiritual level I have been blessed with information on how to take my art to a deeper level which I have been seeking. Now it is a matter of creating that spiritual practice for myself and my art.

I have been away from my blog for a while because of a greater need to regroup. Like this series of mandalas, I too am evolving. Sometimes I feel lost for words. I just feel. My dream state has been vivid lately. I don't know if it's the full moon in Virgo or just because I am asking for answers in my dreams, but they have been wild. Elephants and shimmering discs and messages to wear more turquoise and aqua....this is the stuff my night life is made of!

Leah's theme for the month of March at Creative Every Day is dreams. She comes up wit some great creativity prompts. If you have never visited her blog, be sure to wander that way (or astral project in your dreams, if you are in to that kind of thing).

I hope everyone is witnessing first signs of spring. May you be blessed with new growth, in more ways than one!

~Sue O'Kieffe
Sacred Circle Mandalas

7 comments:

Kate Jobe said...

Sue...I didn't think that yu could evolve the image better than the first one I saw, but the last one...the one with the small center with the orchid corona jsut blows me away...it speaks to me with such power and beauty....WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW!

Leah said...

These are gorgeous, Sue!!

Spring hasn't started showing its sunny face yet, but we do have lots of mud. lol. Maybe that is the first sign of spring! :-)

The Artful Eye said...

I've missed you. These works are extraordinary. Glad to hear your re-grouping and exploring. We need to do these things for ourselves.

I'm witnessing spring.

Here's to new growth!

butterfly woman said...

Hi Sue,
I'm new here to your blog but so glad I stopped by to see the heavenly blue dreamy mandalas. They just glow with divine light. I do some painterly techniques with photoshop myself. Were these mandalas done that way? I love your writings here. They speak to me a very personal way.Re-grouping is necessary for our path, always changing, never boring.
Bev

I invite you to stop by my blog sometime. I'd love your thoughts!

John M. Mora said...

I particulalry like the extreemes (first and last)where you pushed the envelopes.

Seem to be developing a new paint skill set, giving these a varied depth for now.

Great.

healingmagichands said...

Spring is springing here. I have peas and lettuce up in the vegetable garden, and daffodils all over the place.

I just love this series, but I have to say I like the first one best. I love all the little points of light. I sure missed you while you were gone, but sometimes we just have to take a break. Seems like yours was a growth thing for you.

Ann Christine Dennison said...

Sounds exiting, Never thought of doing an online course. I loved seeing the developement of these mandalas, the one at the top is very beautiful!