Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

LIGHT AS A FEATHER

Light as a Feather Mandala (Mandalas for Peace series) © Sue O'Kieffe 2009
source image: feather in tea tree bush

And above all watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. ~Roald Dahl

I love finding feathers on my path. When I'm not paying attention and there they are, I take it as a sign that I'm doing ok. This feather was caught in a blossoming tea tree bush I pass on my daily morning walk from work.

My blog posts today here and at my doodle blog touch on the subject of magic. Finding feathers is magical gift from Spirit. I have no idea what bird shed this 2" gift, but it sure made me smile. I like the 13 ray configuration too.
Even though the number 13 is often considered unlucky, I like what Susanne Fincher suggests: 12 is a number of completion and 13 is about new beginnings (though sometimes it is hard to tell when one cycle is ending and another is beginning). Spring is like that, too, don't you think?

I took some specific time away from mandala making and the computer and now I feel new work just itching to be created.

I hope you will find and embrace a magic moment in the days to come as well. If you feel inspired, tell me about it. I'd love to hear.

~Sue O'Kieffe
Sacred Circle Mandalas




9 comments:

Irene said...

What a fantastic mandala! All of that from one tiny little feather. It makes me wonder what you can do with other objects of nature. I'm very taken with this one. I think that even the color is delicate.

Shannon said...

I feel inspired by your inspiration! Thank you for your beautiful work and giving and sharing!

healingmagichands said...

I just sank into the middle of this magical mandala as soon as I opened your blog. It seems to spiral around, I feel like it mirrors the spiraling of my open heart chakra. Just looking at the image harmonizes all of them. I knew before I counted that it was based on lucky 13.

This must have taken quite a bit of work to refine the part you were flipping to make the image. There is such depth.

Your time off was well spent, I would say.

Anonymous said...

Light, fragile and magical.

painter ofblue said...

Ooh!! I love this Mandala!!! Are you selling prints?

healingmagichands said...

There you go. After due consideration, I am also asking if you are selling prints of this mandala. I have decided I really need this one in my massage room.

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Another beautiful image. It reminds me of looking down into an intricate feather lined nest.
I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one who smiles when coming across feathers in my path. Always magical.

John M. Mora said...

be proud, great lines

NaRai said...

Full of love and light. Thank you Sue!