Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MANDALA

OWNING PINK MANDALAOWNING PINK MANDALA -© Sue O'Kieffe 2009
source image - coleus

To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly. ~ Henri Bergson

I created this mandala for my 58th birthday, coleuswhich is August 31st. I am visioning this as a significant year as I move into creating a life for myself that I love.

Coleus is one of those plants I have loved since forever, and I am especially attracted to the bright pink throat contrasted against the dark burgundy leaf on this variety.

This is how the mandala speaks to me: Green center for growth, eight hearts in the middle for love, eight owls nestled in eight yonis representing goddess wisdom. Eight is a number of rebirth; on its side eight is the infinity symbol. As the eight spoked wheel, eight is seen as a symbol of endless change. Change is not one of those easy things, as neural pathways are rewired and the ego protests.

But change is good. I love what Pamir Kiciman tweeted on Twitter: Cooperate with what wants to emerge.

9 comments:

suzanengler said...

Blessings on your 58th! Thanks for sharing the mandala. I always play a little game and try and figure out your source image before I scroll down. I've only been close once!

Nancy said...

What a lovely mandala! Happy birthday and may you be filled with blessings all year.

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Happy Birthday Sue!
I have no doubt that this coming year will be filled with blessings of the vision you are creating for yourself.
thanks for sharing your vision with all of us.

Layla said...

Happy Birthday!!! Your birthday mandala is bursting with beautiful heart chakra energy. I've made a mandala today just for Virgos for my astrology mandala series. If you'd like to see it, it's at my blog: The Boomer Muse blog.laylamorganwilde.com

sema said...

Happy birthday! your mandala is filled with energy
blessings
sema

Anonymous said...

A most happy Birthday and I wish you a year of creative wonders.. and all that other good stuff.. like good health, abundance, joy, wisdom, and a lot of those "aha" moments that send a thrill up your spine.
Doreen who happens to have Virgo rising...

Grace Sanford said...

Happy Birthday Sue!! I love your nature mandalas ever since I saw them on Flickr, and a lot of your other art is well liked by me also. Happy 58th and I hope you have a blessed year ahead. ~Grace

healingmagichands said...

A very happy birthday to you! This is such a happy bright mandala. I think coleus is one of the most amazing plant genuses out there.

artandtea said...

What a beautiful mandala, Sue! I love coleus and have always had a variety of colors in every garden I've ever grown. Their colors are so rich and deep, a wonderful addition to a shady area!

I hope you had a fabulous birthday and best wishes for a magical year ahead!