Pages

Monday, March 08, 2010

Circle of Love Series #2 - Love's Canopy

love's canopy mandala
Love's Canopy Mandala (Circle of Love Series) © Sue O'Kieffe 2010willow tree leaves
source image: willow tree leaves

Nature is an infinite sphere of which the center is everywhere and the circumference nowhere~Pascal

I was walking across the grocery store parking lot when I felt something about the willow tree planted there calling to me. It had been raining and the wind was still softly rustling. The leaves were all sparkly and wet. I started taking photos from underneath the tree, forgetting that I was shooting straight into the light, so the feelings I was hoping to capture standing there were totally backlit. I can remember as a little girl playing underneath a willow tree's flowing skirt and loving that feeling of hide and seek and being held in the love of that tree.

Trees are the big mamas of nature and I will never tire of the love they offer. The pastel rainbow adorning her leaves in this mandala is a symbol of spring -- light, refreshing and a sign of renewal.

Sometime go stand under a willow tree and look up, and be nourished by all the love offered to you there. And remember to give her a hug and say thank you.

Bright blessings to you this day.

Sue O'Kieffe
Sacred Circle Mandalas

No comments: