Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

I Am Here Mandala

I Am Here Mandala (Circles of Love Series) © Sue O'Kieffe 2010
source image: tillandsia bromeliad

The way is where and who you already are, sleeping in your very being. Rumi

A couple of weeks ago I volunteered for the local botanical garden's fundraiser, and, in the process, had a wonderful opportunity to spend time in one of the gardens on the tour. The Deacon's garden, with beautiful rhododendron bushes, lots of succulents, roses, edible beds of lettuce and herbs, and an amazing display of bromeliads, definitely wowwed me. I've been waiting for just the right moment to investigate the photographs of tillandsia that I snapped. Also known as airplants, tillandsia are part of the bromeliad family  and grow without soil while attached to other plants and trees. They definitely struck my fancy.

My intuition suggested that the tillandsia wanted to be transformed into  a seven  pointed mandala.  During the creation process, I heard the words "I Am Here" come through me. I know that seven is a mystical number and is considered to be a number of sacred wholeness. The soft greens and blues resonate in my heart and throat centers. When I stepped back from the computer to contemplate the mandala, I experienced how bright the seven pointed star shined and reflected back  that we are all brilliant beings.

I would love to hear  how you experience this mandala and how it speaks to you.

Bright blessings,

Sue O'Kieffe
Sacred Circle Mandalas

7 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Beautiful mandala. The tillandsia is a wonderful inspiration.

TLE said...

Sue,
While reading your blog both times...
my ears and third eye were all vibrating. I closed the blog to post a note on fb for you and decided to come back here and post this. I re-read it and same thing happened.

The colors are beautiful. This is a very powerful energy coming out from this Mandala.

I believe it is a catalyst to helping people 'open up' to their own presence of "I Am Here".

Unknown said...

Tami,
Thank you so much for posting your comments here. It is such a gift for me to receive this information. I know how the mandalas affect me, but what's important to me is how they speak to you.
Blessings,
Sue

Joan said...

My seven-sided Anishinabe-tradition healing drum is supposed to embody/include the energy of the seven directions. East, South, West, North, Above, Below, Within....this mandala feels like it vibrates and initially, I feel it in my throat chakra and my third eye, and then it moves to my heart, vibrating like the drums I so love. LOL, I guess everything goes to drums, for me!
It is beautiful, and "I Am Here" felt so connected to The Power of Now, by Eckhart Tolle - a good new friend shared CD's of Tolle reading from his book last night, and this felt like a continuation of the way it felt to listen to what Tolle is teaching. For me. Love this! Beautiful, Sue.

Unknown said...

Joan,
Thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback. I love what you said about Tolle. I watched a DVD of him once and fell asleep; I think because he vibrates at such a high level. I too get a sense of high pitched whirring when I feel into this mandala.
Awesome.

Sue

artyjules said...

Hi there Sue-Your mandalas are just amazing! I would love to know what program you are using to make these digitally-long time no see girl friend, but glad to say I am back in creating mode!
The circles of love is fascinating-I could look at it for hours-makes me feel like painting-the textural effect really pulls on my heart strings-more please!

Unknown said...

Jules,
I use photoshop. There is a tutorial posted in the side bar that explains the basics. Doesn't work in Photoshop Elements though.
Sue