Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Spice of Life Mandala

Spice of Life Mandala (Circles of Fall Series) © Sue O'Kieffe 2010
source image: wild dried fennel stalks
Fennel grows wild along the roadways. I love its umbrel blossoms, but appreciate it even more in its dried autumn state. Last week when I was in the southern part of the county, it was wonderful to run my hands against the plants and smell the spicy aroma of fennel seeds while basking in the warmth of autumn sun.  It was just so fallish!

This mandala, with its thirteen points, seems to whir and spin if you stare at it long enough. I think thirteen is actually a lucky number that represents both endings and beginnings. I actually began this mandala on October 13th, but it was spirit that guided me to use thirteen points. I know not why.

Recent events in my life have shook me awake just a little and led to me believe that variety just may be the spice of life after all. I have been thinking about wanting to make some changes to my blog for a while anyway, and now is a  good  time to put some of these ideas in motion.

Each Monday I will offer you a new mandala along with my interpretation of its meaning. Wednesdays shall be wordless. My offerings will be totally visual. I would love to hear your words and feedback. At least, come say hi. And Friday I will offer 5 things I have seen elsewhere of a spiritual nature around the interwebs that you might find useful, illuminating, or maybe just a little fun.

And if I have other things to share along the way, it might just end up being a full week!

Please know that my intent is to create uplifting mandala art to heal your heart and soul. If you have any questions about my art, my process, or my inspiration, please be sure to let me know. I will do my very best to always answer your comments and questions.

Bright blessings to you always,

Sue O'Kieffe
Sacred Circle Mandalas