Pages

Friday, May 06, 2011

Blossoming Heart Mandala


Blossoming Heart Mandala (May Day Healing series) © Sue O'Kieffe 2011
source image: eriogonum

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

After the the death of Osama bin Laden, I felt a need deep inside to create some healing images around this event. I called on my Facebook friends here  to assist me .


I received 17 responses to my request, and this project has now taken on a life of its own, (which is how synergy works in my experience.) I received more than one response for the color pink, so that is where I started. Sage of Love, Spirit & Success suggested using the mystical number 7.

I will continue to work on this project because I still feel the calling to do so.

It is my prayer that those who suffered loss after the tragic events of 911 can now find closure, and that we as a nation and a planet can continue to transform and blossom into beings of healing and light within ourselves. We are all One. We are all Connected. We are all Love and Light.

May it be so.

~Sue O'Kieffe
Sacred Circle Mandalas

6 comments:

Kel said...

Sue, while i have been unable to put in words or image my uneasy response to the so called victory against terrorism, it has been comforting to find so many who have

on looking at this pink mandala, it strikes me as quite virginal, a call for return to innocence after being deflowered by brute force

even reading my response here makes me uneasy, but for now i shall let what is, simply be

thankyou for providing a space in which to process recent world events

Unknown said...

Kel,
Thank you for taking the time to respond to the mandala and for sharing your heart with us here. We have the opportunity to renew the love in our hearts with every breath we take.
~Sue

Anonymous said...

You made a Beautiful very soft
Mandala..I don't have all the words to say how it makes me feel..so I will just enjoy them
thank you~<3~

Diane Clancy said...

Totally lovely, Sue!!

~ Diane Clancy

healingmagichands said...

Sue, I am in total agreement with Kel. Uneasy is hardly the word for the way I felt when I learned of our "victory" over terrorism. The events that have occurred since then (suicide bombings in Pakistan, for example) have absolutely confirmed in my mind that the mindless and uncompassionate gloating that has been going on is inappropriate (at best).

I thank you for your very wise and peaceful reaction, the quote from Martin Luther King is PERFECT and your mandala is beautiful, nurturing and soft.

Again, thank you. I was starting to fear that I was the only person around who didn't feel that our country's act was somewhat less than moral.

Pete Nielsen said...

I love your work - i an not as creative :-)

sparet-er-tjent.dk/2011/02/mandala-malebog-mnstre-tegninger.html

Pete