Pages

Saturday, November 01, 2014

All Hallow's Harvest


All Hallow's Harvest Mandala © Sue O'Kieffe


source inspirations:

A couple of nights ago, while meditating, I saw what looked like a gathering of costumed trick or treaters. Then I wondered if maybe it wasn't a group who had already passed over, showing up in this seasonal garb, so I might recognize  how thin the veil is this time of year.

I've been wanting to create a mandala for a while using images of plants that were dried and past their prime. I can't help but mourn the passing of the vibrant dahlias and other summer flowers that have filled my eyes with such bright beauty, but these dried plants have their own subtle charm and even a little mystery. It just takes a willingness to look deeper.

(And if you look closely, you might even see clown faces, and fairies, and spirit dancers and other magical beings showering us with their love!)

But what do you see? And how do you feel looking within? I'd love to hear back from you.


Mandala blessings,
Sue O'Kieffe
Sacred Circle Mandalas


(All of my mandala art is available for purchase. You can contact me via email for ordering details)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I might recognize how thin the veil is this time of year.
Thanks