Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

BEING PRESENT

presence mandalaPresence Mandala - (Mandalas for Peace Project) - © Sue O'Kieffe 2009
source image: ornamental plum tree blossoms

I have been following a neighborhood ornamental plum tree plum blossomssince here and chronicling its progress in photographs and mandalas. After a week of rain followed by some yummy sun, the buds have fully opened. I can't remember when I have followed any growth quite so closely or been so intimately connected with a non- human living thing. I felt joy watching the honey bees already gathering pollen. Trees buzzing in February. Hurray for longer days of light.

I hope you aren't toooo tired of pink by now (but February is the LOVE MONTH after all, and nothing says love like pink)

The mandala speaks to me of being present, open, ready for life. It says, Yippee I'm here.

When we operate from our hearts, then life really feels like a gift. That's why they call it The Present, yanno.

I would love to hear how this mandala speaks to you.

Oh yea, and I am playing Neko Case today because she sings like spring.

12 comments:

Rose said...

It's like lots of carnival ladies in pink dresses with black skirts holding up pink feathers and with pink headresses. Spring is having a party! *grin*

Irene said...

I think your mandala is lovely and it looks like a human being with her arms spread wide open to embrace the whole world. That would include me.

Anonymous said...

oooh, spring has already sprung for you...mine's just threatening...more bluebirds yesterday at our pond: 2 males and 1 female. I very much like "yipee, I'm here!" for this mandala....mostly because I haven't heard "yipee" for a very long time and it made me smile!

Anonymous said...

THat's one of the best things I like about budding new growth...the anticipation of the bloom, and all it brings. What a luminous presence this plum tree blossom has :)
thank you!

dianeclancy said...

Hi Sue,

This mandala really touches me deeply! Really very special - even for you! That photo of the flowers is lovely too!

I have something for you over at my blog ...

http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2009/02/art-blog-award/

~ Diane Clancy
www.DianeClancy.com/blog
www.DianeClancy.etsy.com

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to follow an evolving object with the camera and then "mandaling" it. We are still in the depths of winter,plenty of time to consider following. It is easy to see how inspired you are by the unfolding blossom. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

a bright period....wait, four more periods. i too like ornamental plums j.ohn

artandtea said...

Oh, how beautiful, Sue! And how wonderful that things are already blooming in your area of the country. We've got another couple of months to go here in new England.

I see an exotic, feathery underwater creature who is calling out to us to listen to what whispers to us from our own deep watery feeling place.

Enjoy Spring!

Ann Christine Dennison said...

Wow Sue, this is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Your beautiful mandala speaks softly and says: "Wake-up" spring is here!!

lebanesa said...

vibrant

Ann Christine Dennison said...

Wow!
There is a lot of power in this mandala!