Pages

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Geminid Star Mandala

Geminid Star Mandala

Geminid Star Mandala (Exploring the Mystery series) © Sue O'Kieffe 2009
source image: driftwood

Walking river banks and beach lines after a heavy rainstorm is full of mystery and magical energy.driftwood Driftwood is washed ashore, sand dunes are washed away. Walking over sticks and wood chips and fallen tree limbs is eerie, and also makes me aware of the ever changing qualities of nature. When I saw this double branch formation laying in the sand, it reminded me a rune marking. I wonder what its meaning is? In my files I named the image Gemini. I've often drifwood sculptureimagined inhabitants from other galaxies have visited here and left subtle messages in rock formations. I think these structures are where they must stay. They seem to pop up after rainstorms too.

The Geminid meteor shower will occur Dec 13-14, at the time of the New Moon. You can read more about it here.

If you were to see a falling star, what would you wish for? I would wish for the end of polarized, black and white thinking and an embracing of the present moment for everyone.

Consider this mandala your star to wish upon.


Bright blessings on your path.

Sue O'Kieffe
Sacred Circle Mandalas

2 comments:

spldbch said...

I love the symbolism in your work!

Laura said...

In this moment: I wish for an end to fear. Without fear love would reign without question!

gorgeous Sue...thanks for the wish