Pages

Monday, November 01, 2010

AEDM #1 - Spirit Flower Mandala

Spirit Flower Mandala (Circles of Healing series) © Sue O'Kieffe 2010
source image - cactus fruit

In Celtic tradition, November 1st is New Year's Day. This first month of the Celtic calendar is called Samonios - "Seed Fall"  - from death and darkness springs life and light (livingmyths.com)

Im not sure about the plant or the fruit from which this mandala was created, but I believe it is a variety of cactus. I love the way the berries cascade like beads on a string. Seeing the white berries as a contrast to this darker time delights my senses.

I was guided to create this mandala with eleven points. Eleven is a number of transition. In numerology, it  represents illumination and deep insight.

Reach for your light when your days are seemingly filled with  darkness. We may sorrow and grieve for what has fallen away. Life may offer us circumstances that seems hard to navigate. Take deep breaths and reach within and know that your internal brightness is always available, wanting so much to be discovered and brought forth to shine and share with the world. A ring of eleven angels with outstretched wings surrounds this mandala. Let them lift you upward. You are blessed. You are here.
November is the 11th month of the Gregorian calendar. November is also Art Every Day Month. I think this is my 4th year to participate in AEDM, and I only decided to do it this morning. So for the next 30 days, I have decided, as an experiment, to create all of my mandalas with eleven points and to see what messages around the number eleven rise up in me. I will be alternating my AEDM postings here with those on my sister blog,  Sue Doodles, so I am not making myself crazing trying to create for both blogs every day this month.


Bright blessings,

Sue O'Kieffe
Sacred Circle Mandalas

2 comments:

Leah said...

beautiful work, Sue!

Unknown said...

thanks Leah. I love how you get around to everyone who posts to offer support. big ♥s to you for that