Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Love is My Guiding Star Mandala

Love is My Guiding Star Mandala (Power Shield Series) © Sue O'Kieffe 2011
source image: pigeon feather

Pigeons are closely connected to doves, and both have strong associations with Love. From a shamanic perspective, pigeons represent a return to the love and security of home.Pigeons have a strong homing sense and they know how to find their way back, no matter how far away they have gone. Pigeons show us how to find our  way.

When this mandala was finished, my first thought was that this was like a Northern Star, always guiding us with Love. Whether it guides us back to a physical locality or that place inside that is our spiritual home, Love in the symbolic form of  pigeon energy shows us the way, gently, peacefully and with great Light.

How do you find your way back home? What does that mean to you, to return home? Won't you share a little with me here, if you feel inspired?

Bright blessings,
Sue O'Kieffe
Sacred Circle Mandalas

Love is My Guiding Star is available for purchase now in my Etsy shop!

2 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Wonderful post! Sometimes for me, finding my way back home means I have gotten off track with life by being too busy and not enjoying the simple pleasures of life. Returning home is when I have finally come to my senses and start enjoying the simple things again! ~Val

artandtea said...

Very inspiring and beautiful, Sue! As I read your post, it made me think of how happy I am to come back home after I travel. Even though it's wonderful to travel and see new places, returning home is like returning back to the very core of myself and gives me such comfort and grounding.