Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Exploring the Mystery

I have been a rock hound since I was a young girl. One of my treasured possessions from childhood is a small apothecary jar of polished rocks I have carried with me whenever I moved. It was a natural progression for me during the development of my mandala making to begin using gems and minerals in my creations. My friend dosmangoes has been generous to let me use his photographs of crystals. And I have stones of my own which I have scanned into my computer to use with my mandalas. I am often surprised what appears when I create, which is really part of the appeal for me.

galaxy flower mandala
GALAXY FLOWER MANDALA © Sue O'Kieffe 2007

This particular mandala is part of my Earth Mystery series. While I am grateful to the stone I used to create it, I am uncertain what it is. I think perhaps it is a type of jasper that I brought home from one of the local beaches.

I received this testimonial yesterday:

“Looking at Galaxy Flowers mandala, I feel transcending energy within the calm. I ordered the print from Sue's collection and couldn't wait to get it! The day it came, I tore open the wrapper -- I was so happy to see how it turned out. Sue does first-rate art!” ~ Laurie B.

What are your thoughts or feelings when you look at this mandala? I would love to read your comments.

5 comments:

dianeclancy said...

I really agree with what Laurie said - "transcending energy within the calm." I feel the outside circle holds and contains the rising, vibrant energy in the center.

I can see why you call it part of your earth series ... and I also see the heavens in the center.

It could be the ceiling of a cathedral! Such beautiful and moving work you create, Sue!

- Diane Clancy

Laurie said...

I consider myself very lucky to have this print, it is so inspiring! The colors are amazing!

(( Wings )) said...

This mandala resonates deeply in my heart. Very evocative.
It reminds me of Celestial Realms within Mother Earth, creating a sacred space emerging from Nature, Machine and the Artist's own personal vision.Amazing and Magical!

John said...

Just happened on your blog by "chance" (if you believe in chance) and really glad I did.
BEAUTIFUL!
I'll Be Back.
Have told my friends about it.
I think they will enjoy it as much as I have.
Thank you.

John

Char Paul said...

beautiful