Pages

Monday, April 02, 2007

CELEBRATING SPRING

spring passion SPRING PASSION ( Circles of Spring series) - © Sue O'Kieffe


Leptospermum (tea tree plant) is commonly used as shrubbery where I live. Sunday, on my photoshoot, I found a house with four or five different varieties in the front yard. The bright pink blossomed ones are my favorite.

I have enjoyed creating these mandalas to mark this season of rebirth and renewal. If it is true that teachers teach what they need to learn, maybe artists create what they need to experience. It is as if my soul is crying out, "C'mon, c'mon, let's go. Let's live!"

My desire as an artist is to express what is inside in ways that others relate to.

What are your thoughts? Share them with me, if you feel inspired. I'd love to hear what's on your mind.



2 comments:

dianeclancy said...

ooh ... aah ... that is what I said out loud when I saw this new mandala!

I love the light coming from the petals ... it is vibrating. You have certainly expressed something I can relate to!

I see love and light and compassion and kindness in this mandala.

Sue, you have such a gift of creating beauty and depth. Thank you for sharing this.

- Diane Clancy

dianeclancy said...

I like the pink glow around the outside of the circle - it adds to the vibrancy!

I mentioned this mandala in a post on my blog http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog
because I find your mandala so moving.

Diane Clancy