Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

RING OF LOVE MANDALA - AEDM 22

ring of love mandala
Ring of Love Mandala - (Circles of Beauty and Light Series) © Sue O'Kieffe 2009
source image: lavendar straw flower

Yesterday I went to the local farmers' market to take in the sights and smells, interact with folks and take some photos. It was an amazing harvest display.straw flowers A box of straw flowers caught my eye, and I imagined creating a mandala in fall colors when I shot the photo. It was the lavendar flower that begged for my attention when I brought the photo into Photoshop this morning. I never really know how things are going to turn out, and today was one of those days.

And I'm glad it was.

A couple of weeks ago I created a set of brushes, one of which I used for the texture in the surrounding area of today's mandala. I have a dream of using only brushes that I create in my artwork, and right now I would say Im about half way there. This isn't going to mean much to non Photoshop users. Brushes aren't hard to make, but they are a little tricky to make so they are usable.

wood chip brush samples wood chip brushes

This is what the four brushes look like. They were created in Photoshop CS3 on a PC. They are high res, CS-CS4 compatable, and I believe they can be used on a Mac. You can download the files by clicking on the above link. Feel free to use them for either commercial or personal use. Have fun.

I'll do this again, I'm sure.

Sue O'Kieffe
Sacred Circle Mandalas

8 comments:

giddy up said...

Very nice... thanks for the brushes, not sure if they work with corel photo shop?

Unknown said...

Giddy Up -Photoshop is an Adobe product. These brushes will not work with Corel software

dianeclancy said...

Thank you so much, Sue!! Love this mandala - you are a fantastic artist!

Thank you for the brushes .. I have downloaded them.

~ Diane Clancy
www.DianeClancy.com/blog
www.DianeClancy.etsy.com

Diane M. McKnight, MA, LMSW, Art Therapist/Psychotherapist/Artist said...

Love the Mandala Sue and you have fun with your brushes. It is fun that you are choosing to do that, I would not have the patience...I just go with the brushes Photoshop has or download ones that others have made like you are offering.

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Love this, Sue! The flower literally embodies the market. Your mandalas are so gorgeous and heartful. Thank you.

Deb Kirkeeide said...

I can see why "Lavender" demanded your attention! This is beautiful.
There is so much dimension to it.

Laura said...

Lovely Sue...I love the texture of straw flowers...they are elegant/simple/and rough at the same time!

beautiful,
Laura

spldbch said...

I love lavender. I'm glad it called out to you:-)