Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2008

SACRED LIFE SUNDAY - PERSONAL STRENGTH

strength in the lightStrength in the Light Mandala - (Circle of Light series) - © Sue O'Kieffe 2008
source image - euphorbia cactus

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face... The danger lies in refusing to face the fear, in not daring to come to grips with it... You must make yourself succeed every time. You must do the thing you think you cannot do."~Eleanor Roosevelt

"We can't give what we don't have.
Find your center of strength and love and give it away." ~ Author Unknown

"Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless in facing them.
Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain but for the heart to conquer it.
Let me not look for allies in life's battlefield but to my own strength.
Let me not crave in anxious fear to be saved but hope for the patience to win my freedom.
Grant me that I may not be a coward, feeling your mercy in my success alone; but let me find the grasp of your hand in my failure." ~ Rabindranath Tagore



5 comments:

Journeyer said...

Dear Sue,
This mandala and the quotes you shaer is so far my favorite. I feel so empowered by both elements.
Thank you for sharing your gifts.
: )
Cheryl

The Artful Eye said...

I love the transparent quality of this mandala and it's sheer linen surrounding. This one is remarkable, a favorite for sure.

Leap and the net will catch you.
Facing fear head on.

Sacred work, sacred words.

John M. Mora said...

This mandala could grace Notre Dame, the cathedral. It is stong yet feminine and timeless.

It emits chivalry and this word is used without any patronizing connotations.

Simply pure and true.

Art for unpagan hearts.

NicciN said...

This speaks to me also. It feels so structural like a strong foundation of personal strength underneath who we are.

Steve said...

Hi and thank you for visiting my blog. I think this is my favorite mandala on this page. Interesting and very beautiful. Hey, how do you get so many people to your site!??
Steve