Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

NOW I WALK IN BEAUTY



(if you read my posts in your email, i hope you will come to the site to view my photography)

I am truly blessed to be living on the North Coast of California. This morning, while I was editing these photographs, I heard Aleutian Geese honking as they flew overhead. Sometimes they fly low enough to hear their wings in the breeze.


Ever since I was a little girl, I drew my sustenance and strength from nature. Remembering laying down in the grass and drinking in that earthy smell, watching bugs crawling through the spikey green blades, being delighted? I whispered my dreams to caterpillars and marveled when butterflies emerged in the spring. I have always lived near water, so birds and ducks were early best friends.

Now nature whispers to me and I do my best to listen. Earth spirits welcome me when I walk in their woodlands. I want to honor the beauty I see everywhere around me.
Now I walk in beauty
Beauty is before me
Beauty is behind me
Above and below me.
~traditional Hopi prayer
I believe nature has stories to share with us and I have been called to portray their stories using the sacred mandala as the vehicle. This is my passion. I am but a conduit.

I welcome you to come and listen and share with me.

Bright blessings to you all.

~Sue O'Kieffe
Sacred Circle Mandalas

No comments: