Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2008

SATURDAY GRATITUDES

Hello Sue,

I have a website about life-limiting illness from diagnosis through bereavement. Pls look at it. www.qualityoflifecare.com my question is may I please use your beautiful mandala picture and of course I will link it to your website? That is what another photography website is letting me do. I would love to put your picture on Donna Belk’s article, “dying, you can’t do it wrong”.

I look forward to your reply.

Deanna

Please be sure to take a look at Deanna's website. Here is a link to the article.I have great respect for those who work in palliative health care, and I am honored for the request to have my mandalas added to her site.

Conduit of Light Mandala - (Circles of Light series) - © Sue O'Kieffe 2007
source image: bamboo stalks



From my inbox:

I came across the sacred-circle mandalas page quite by chance,
but wanted to let you know how beautiful i think your work is. How can it not bring a touch of warmth and colour to even the greyest of days. Keep it going ! Best regards from Milano, Italy.

Angus


Dear Angus,
Thank you for your very kind words about my art. It is moments like these that keep me going.

An audience or "viewer" is necessary to create a mandala.Where there is no you, there is no mandala.
(from: You Are the Eyes of the World, by Longchenpa, translated by Lipman and Peterson).
~www.mandalaproject.org/What/Index.html

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue, Conduit of Light fills my being with such brightness - all inner struggles are absorbed by it's glowing power.

~~ Susan Elkin
www. SusanElkin.com/blog

Deb Kirkeeide said...

It is truly gratifying to learn of the ways our art touches others lives. Your spirit and mandalas are truly helping and healing others by the beauty they show us. What wonderful affirmations.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your directory submission, I try to visit each directory listing's blog and you have introduced me to the world of Mandalas :-)

John M. Mora said...

Lovely post - much Karma, Sue.