Pages

Friday, April 18, 2008

HA HA MANDALA

ha ha mandalaHa Ha Mandala -pen and ink drawing-© Sue O'Kieffe 1990

The year that I created this mandala is purely a guess, but I do remember doodling it at work and feeling very good when it was finished. I was coming out of a long bout of depression, and in that moment of creation was deeply in touch with the healing power of laughter. This image was later published in a book about healing for Adult Children coming from alcoholic and other dysfunctional backgrounds.

Laughter and love are two of the most potent forces for healing I know.

Sue O'Kieffe
Sacred Circle Mandalas

6 comments:

The Artful Eye said...

Amen. I'm not religious...just believe in this powerful statement of laughter and love.

HeeHOha-great Indian chief of laughter and love

Have a fabulous Saturday! Hope the weather up North is cooperating.

Teri said...

sue, this is such a happy mandala!! Love it.

lebanesa said...

great - very cheering

John M. Mora said...

I like it a lot and feel in it yhour spirit, Sue. My best....

Thalia said...

Oh yes, they are. Take it from someone named after the Muse of Comedy.

One of these days I'm going to get a bumpersticker that says "Silliness Heals."

My motto, y'know.

(Parenthetically, I normally do not care for jazz, but this song you've got playing is aptly named. It reminds me somewhat of Papa Haydn's Surprise Symphony.

Bobbie said...

Sue, this mandala makes me laugh out loud. Love it!