Pages

Thursday, April 03, 2008

NEW PURPLE MANDALA

night light mandalaNight Light Mandala - (Circles of Light series) - © Sue O'Kieffe 2008
source image: heather

I want to take photographs of flowers with my new camera that I have never shot before. I may need to go on a road trip to do that, because I'm pretty familiar with what blooms in my neighborhood. I did satisfy that longing yesterday with this photograph of what I think is heather. It seems I am still grooving on and being drawn to the expansiveness of purple light ... amethyst, crown chakra energies, intuitively searching out ancient information.

Thanks again to Thalia of Audacia Muliebris for creating the 13 spoke mandala template, a tricky configuration that is worthy of more of my attention.

I am excited about the new camera and the potential I am holding in my hands. Believe me, there was lots of oohing and aaahhhhing yesterday afternoon and evening as I focused and clicked and snapped my way into photographic bliss!


9 comments:

Teri said...

It's just gorgeous and vibrates with energy!

John M. Mora said...

Exceptional image and very cool music to go with it. Trance like state and also like being in 1950s midtown bar with a unblended scotch and an open eye to the future.

I know my comments focus on liquor, but I actually hardly drink...lovely post.

Good luck with that camera.

Thalia said...

Very nice!!

Irene said...

Lovely bit of music by James Moody! Lovely mandala too!

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Beautiful Mandala. And I have to agree with you on this purple color. Its very appealing and rich.
I've been playing with mandalas myself. Using some of my own digital art. I will have to post them somewhere at some post for all to see.

The Artful Eye said...

Diggin' the scene, love this purple Mandala and the groove of James Moody's Deep Purple, how apropos.

lebanesa said...

wow and wow. lovely heather, beautiful mandala. Purple moments.

Cindy said...

Sue,

I happened to stumble upon your site....your artwork and images are absolutely stunning and beautiful! I am so attracted to Purple....this Mandala has such a draw for me and is so eye-catching! I have a Canon 850IS and absolutely love it...also a Canon SLR 20D and am developing my passion of Nature Photography! Please check out my new website in progress when you get a chance.

Ann Christine Dennison said...

Wonderful energy here, it would be beautiful as part of you cards too!