Pages

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

AEDM 3: Walk Between Worlds Mandala

Walk Between Worlds Mandala (Power Shield Mandala) © Sue O'Kieffe 2010
source image: red tailed hawk wing feather

I believe that the feather I used for this mandala came from a red tailed hawk. Sometimes it is kind of hard to tell after the fact; but I found a nice website with a good guide to feather identification, so that's what I'm going with.

When I was creating this mandala, the phrase "Walk Between Worlds" came to mind. Think about being able to travel between one dimension or another. You know how that feels when you dream and imagine. Traveling in non ordinary reality, such as during a shamanic journey, is another. I feel the power of wind under wings and soaring easily between one realm and the next when I feel into this mandala.

I'd love to hear your response as well.

Because AEDM is keeping me busy with creating every day, I've decided to forego a lot of the research I often go through for inquiry, and focus on my own intuition with these 11 spoked mandalas.And I think that is a bigger piece of the creative journey for me this month as well! I will rely more on what I know and feel inside, instead of looking for outside sources to validate my experience. Hurrah!



Bright blessings,

Sue O'Kieffe
Sacred Circle Mandalas

6 comments:

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Oh, Sue. I had an immediate pull from my heart when I saw this Mandala. I can tell it was from your heart to the creative process and back out to mine.

Fabulous.

Wow. I want to touch it, hold it, write it...

THANK YOU!

Read my Day 3 Check in here.

Rachel said...

It almost looks woven...and very beautiful. I love seeing the mandala, and then what image you used to create it. Lovely.

Virginia said...

This is beautiful. I love the fact that it is a feather: something from nature and from one of my favorite creatures: the raptor.

I think part of the beauty of AEDM is to encourage us to create art from the heart. I feel the need to do a lot of research before doing a piece of art. I can research something forever and put off doing the actual work. That's not good.

I just got a new book on mandalas and have been having some fun with them.

I must explore your site some more. :-)

Wendy Edsall-Kerwin said...

I really like the muted colors of this piece. The texture of the feather looks like the mandala is made of woven material.

(And thank you for the link to the feather site!)

Leah said...

Ooo, I really like the use of the feather in the mandala.

Unknown said...

Thanks for all your comments, my fellow AEDM-ers

Julie, if you write it, I hope you will share. Wouldn't it be awesome to actually construct a feather mandala?
Curls - i love the woven quality of this mandala too
Virginia - greetings fellow raptor fan. What mandala book are you exploring?
Wendy - I thought the muted colors were perfect for November. Thank you.
Leah - always a pleasure to see you here ♥