Pages

Friday, April 27, 2007

CREATION

lilac grow lightLilac Glow Light Mandala - (Spring Seasonal Circles series) - © Sue O'Kieffe 2007

One of the deep pleasures in my creative process is taking the photographs that I use for my mandalas. More than that, it is in the witnessing of creation blooming right before my eyes. My intent is to capture the life force I witness and translate it into
lilac my mandalas.

Recently, I received this comment from one of my customers:

"You seem to create images which resonate with those places in myself outside of the symbols of language... seeing the mandalas often creates a sensate experience for me, redefining the idea of a 'touching image', often a deep encouragement, a strengthening of heart and mind." ~Suzanne J.

People have requested that my mandalas be presented in formats for use in meditation. Traditionally mandalas are used in this way, as symbols for healing, prayer and meditation. I have envisioned a DVD with accompanying music. This is a project I would like to see to fruition within the next year.

Please share your thoughts with me and post a comment. I would love to hear what is on your mind.


1 comment:

dianeclancy said...

Hi Sue -

Wow! This image is gorgeous! The center of the mandala is pulsing with the life force - very, very powerful!

I agree with what Suzanne J said about your mandalas touching me in a deep place and strengthening my vibration. Just fantastic!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog