Pages

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

MAY DAY

may day revelryMay Day Revelry - (Spring Circles series) - © Sue O'Kieffe 2007

I took a few days off from blogging to regroup and renew my own spirit. Finding this stalk of yellow flowers yesterday springing from one of the largest succulents I have ever seen did much to elevate my mood.yellow succulent flowers They seemed to be having a party, and they called me over to celebrate with them.Of course, I had to create a mandala to mark that time of revelry!

Today is May Day. I think of the festive days of old, when celebrants danced around the maypole and honored the day as a time of fertility after the crops were planted. The seeds have been sown; let 's party and honor our efforts.

May Day has significance for me as well, in that it is a day I have chosen to mark the end of the "beta testing" for my business. I have been blessed with great feedback about my greeting cards. My next step is to be able to provide large orders for wholesale accounts. I have to remind myself over and over that all development comes in baby steps.

I love my art and knowing the positive effects it has on people's spirits. It is that knowledge that keeps me moving forwards.

2 comments:

dianeclancy said...

Hi Sue -

This looks like a May basket - made of light - cool.

Beautiful central star.

You art does have positive effects - that is for sure!

And baby steps is all that counts ...

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

Chris O'Byrne said...

Beautiful work! I especially love the Lilac Glow Light Mandala.