Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2007

CREATE EVERY DAY (OR SO)

hereHere - © Sue O'Kieffe 2007
pen and crayon

I have a confession to make. Sometimes I am jealous of you artists out there who create non-digitally. I see you all having assorted types of fun doing weekly collages and other types of expressive art. Im envious of your scissors and pots of glue and gloss. I used to do stuff like that, and I found it kinesthetically very satisfying. Then I found out about the November challenge at Creative Every Day , and I decided to play along as best I could. I love doing these little line drawings. I can take my sketch pad and crayons and doodle away to my heart's delight before I go to sleep at night!...

crazy goddessCrazy Goddess - © Sue O'Kieffe 2007
pen and crayon

...and I get away from the computer monitor, which I tend to sit in front of most of the day. It's a nice way to use a different part of my brain. And my inner child can be messy and not have to worry about being perfect....yippee!!

Here's to play!

Thanks to you who gave suggestions in naming my most recent mandala. I decided on Spirit of Light, which was chosen from artandtea's suggestion. If you want to learn about different kinds of tea and view some incredible beadwork, be sure and check out her blog!

8 comments:

Bobbie said...

A perfect way to relax, sitting away from the computer drawing and coloring. I understand perfectly, having spent most of my working life in front of a computer screen. The last thing you want to see at night when you get home is a computer!

I LOVE these drawings. They are fun, free and colorful!

Teri said...

These are fun! I love doing these and it is good to see you enjoying yourself.

Leah said...

oo, i love your drawings and i'm glad to have come upon your blog! would you like to be added to the list of participants? it's a very low pressure challenge.

artandtea said...

Hi Sue,
Your drawings are wonderful! They're so free and spontaneous and playful. I'm glad that I was able to help out with a name for your beautiful mandala.
Hey, thanks so much for mentioning my blog in your post!
-Karen

Anonymous said...

Love the goddess, but that amoeba thing on the top? Magnificent! all organic and moving around, not just sitting there. Love that in a picture! Glad you found AEM and are enjoying it - it is great fun. My inner child is going through a box of crayons that is about 8 years old - I have doubts it will last through this episode - coloring is very relaxing!

By the way - thanks so much for the kind thoughts you left on my blog the other day when I was a bit down. All the comments lifted me quite up out of the black hole and I'm still sailing!

lebanesa said...

wow Sue - a whole other side of you. These are grrreeaatt! I love the loose free style and the humour you express in these.
Thanks for sharing them.

Artists With Artitude said...

And we, in turn, are jealous of your exquisite digital art! I love your drawings, very whimsical and fun. Keep going! BTW, if you have the time to play some more, I tagged you :)

Irene said...

I love your Crazy Goddess. I always have a fondness for large women with big boobs. I used to have a good litho of one in my former life. My ex has her now. I should have her, shouldn't I? I am working my way down through your posts, so the comments may seem out of order. I am enjoying myself more and more.