Pages

Thursday, November 01, 2007

THE YEAR IN REVIEW


Fleur Radieuse - (Circles of Light series) - © Sue O'Kieffe 2007
Source image - purple chrysanthemum

I created this mandala for my friend Karen Anderson's birthday. She is an incredibly talented astrologer and good friend on an upward path towards spiritual enlightenment. Karen and her partner Barry Martin are launching their website and I want to wish them all sorts of best wishes for their coming new year as well. You can visit them here. I hope you will.

I have been writing about this being the Celtic New Year, and thinking about what I have accomplished in the past year. It's so easy to consider how we fall short but less often do we consider giving ourselves an atta girl. So I pulled out my list of goals for this year to see what I have managed to accomplish thus far.
  • Take class in Dreamweaver (done)
  • Design website (nope)
  • Start business blog (done)
  • Increase mailing list to 500 names (10 new names per week) (not even close)
  • Obtain resale number (yes)
  • Get business license (not yet)
  • Get bookkeeping set up (tomorrow)
  • Participate in two arts shows by the end of 2007 (done 4)
  • Have clearer understanding of art pricing (done)
  • Place my greeting cards in stores (3 so far)
  • Begin investigating licensing of my art (yes)
  • Work towards financial stability (yes - willing to commit to a year of full time permanent work outside the home)

So for today, just for myself (and anyone else who needs some props) I give myself this standing ovation

9 comments:

healingmagichands said...

I too was celebrating the New Year last night and today. I haven't made a list of things accomplished because I didn't make a list of the things I needed to do last year. But I do know I got a heck of a lot done. Congratulations on your accomplishments. I have been truly enjoying my visits to your blog, and am devastated that your new mandala you mention in this post is not accessible. I'm not sure what happened when you uploaded it, but you only have a red "x" where there should be a picture. At least when I access your blog that is what I get.

Unknown said...

I could see the image fine on my computer, but I did have some trouble with the initial drafts. I deleted and re-uploaded the image. Please let me know if anyone else posting after this cannot see the image.
~Sue

healingmagichands said...

I can see it fine now! and WOW! How beautiful it is. Of course, I am a sucker for purple. . .

Teri said...

This is just a gorgeous mandala-as all of yours are.

I noticed your list has lots of 'done' markings-good for you!!

Bobbie said...

Yea! You go girl! Quite a list of accomplishments for 2007. I love this mandala, it just shines and sparkles and has given me an idea for one...not copy, Sue, idea :)

artandtea said...

Hi Sue, What a beautiful gift for your friend's birthday. A big gorgeous purple bloom!
What a great idea to review and applaud yourself for everything you've done in the past year. It appears that you have accomplished quite a lot. Congratulations!
-Karen

Anonymous said...

I'm playing with Mandalas for Art Every Day month - none as gorgeous as this, but you ARE my inspiration!

dianeclancy said...

Hi Sue,

this mandala is gorgeous!! Really super special!! Your luck friend!

What a lot you have done this year! Congratulations! But I am not surprised - you really focus and are effective!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

Artists With Artitude said...

Applause!! You are very determined and talented. Impressive list and yes, I bow to your accomplishments. Looking forward to some more delightful years of spirituality, love, peace, and creative success!