Pages

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

First Blush Mandala 2010

first blush mandalaFirst Blush Mandala (Beauty and Light series) © Sue O'Kieffe 2010
source image: tea tree flowers

delicate pinkness ---
seashells and climbing roses---
lovers' first blushes

This is my first mandala actually created in 2010 and the first haiku tea tree flowersI've written since I was in high school. Writing haiku was something I had wanted to do during Art Every Day Month, but I never quite got to it. I needed space to let my brain relax and let it in; and with the holidays past I guess it finally happened! Im sure I will play with this more in 2010

When I was creating this mandala today I realized how much I needed to be taking in this delicate pink color. I could almost feel it being absorbed through my skin, this color of love and the heart and compassion. And so I pass it on to you. Enjoy!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Have you ever noticed the widget at the top of my blog to subscribe to my newsletter? Beginning this month and every month now going forward, I will hold a random drawing for three of my greeting cards to my newsletter subscribers. This offer is only available to my subscribers.I've created six new greeting cards in beautiful pastel colors that are suitable for framing or giving to your friends for special occassions. You can take a look at them on my Etsy shop.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I hope the beginning of 2010 is going well for you all. I am optimistic about the coming new year, myself. How are you feeling about the beginning of a new decade?

~Sue O'Kieffe
Sacred Circle Mandalas


1.

4 comments:

cheryl said...

Hi Sue..
This mandala is marvelous..the pink..is the color of the divine feminine (I think)..either way, it feels divine to me.. and reminds me of rose quartz which is all about divine love; and I can feel it here.

I am so excited about your newsletter. I have thoroughly enjoyed and am inspired by witnessing your emergence, unveiling, blooming..into more and more of what you want to express; and you're expressing it beautifully..and oh so creatively!

I am feeling good about this new year, each day actually. Healing from the inside out allows the fullness of being to rise up and do what it's meant to do. Living from that space feels good and I am inspired from within...and optimism springs forth! May day of this new year be exactly what you need them to be. Shine on dear one. :) Cheryl

Pamir | Reiki Help Blog said...

It's a wondrous beauty Sue!

spldbch said...

You're right about sometimes having to NOT think about something and just let your mind open in its own time. Great haiku!

SueZen said...

Delicate and beautiful. The shell shapes are particularly lovely. A great one for the New Year!

SueZen