Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ocean Series #3 - Mystic Love Mandala





Mystic Love Mandala (Ocean Series) © Sue O'Kieffe 2010
source image: clam shell

Smell the sea and feel the sky, Let your soul and Spirit fly into the mystic ~ Van Morrison

clam shellThe Pacific Ocean I experience on the North Coast of California never ceases to astound and take my breath away. There are so many aspects of her character that I love, but I especially love her on a misty morning. It was that misty mysterious quality that I wanted to capture in this image. The center is a little hazy and indistinct, surrounded by eleven brilliant stars. Eleven is a master number symbolizing inner vision containing a message that must be communicated to the world in sacred text or a new teaching (David Hulse, The Truth about Numerology). I like to think that the eleven stars around the mandala are beacons of truth for the center seeker.

There are so many places that I call my spiritual home, but the ocean will always be my powerful mother who clears my emotional body and roars her truth to me.

Bright blessings on your path!

Sue O'Kieffe
Sacred Circle Mandalas

4 comments:

healingmagichands said...

Wow. Unbelievable. This is just stunning.

CharmaineZoe said...

Love your mandalas :-)

Walks with Wolves said...

I absolutely love this one. It just speaks of utter gentleness to me.

Margo said...

I'm also from Northern California, living in San Diego at the moment, and there's something about the Pacific that keeps me balanced. I love these mandalas, so beautiful.