Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Expansion of the Heart Mandala

Expansion of the Heart Mandala (Circle of Love Series) © Sue O'Kieffe 2010
source image - hydrangea blossoms 
   
Over on Facebook I asked for help in naming this mandala. I had already come up with three different possible  names, but nothing had that strong YES to it. And, I must admit, I love hearing people's responses to this art that pours through me:  It reminds me of pink peppermint ice cream, one person said. Another commented, It looks like what Baskin and Robbins tastes like.(and I had already considered pink ice cream and raspberry sorbet ...cool, refreshing, invigorating, yummy).

Another person suggested Divine Passion. I had previously felt the effects of an explosive riot of heart colors in this mandala. Then Batia added I like Divine Passion, because the red circle in the middle looks like the poems flowers write to get bees to come to them... (Isn't that comment, in itself, just divine? It certainly warmed my heart.)

But then Michelle suggested Expansion of the Heart and I got the big YES I was waiting for. And so it is. The heart laughs and dances and opens its many arms in  celebration, ever expanding in richness and with joy.


Thanks everyone who played with me on my Facebook page. This is one of the things I love about social media. I'd love for you to come over and share the journey with me, if you aren't already. 


~Sue O'Kieffe
Sacred Circle Mandalas






No comments: