Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2008

BIRTHDAY MANDALA

lemon cookie mandalaLemon Cookie Mandala - (Summer Circle Series) - © Sue O'Kieffe 2008

Here is a little known fact about me: I prefer lemon to chocolate or vanilla. I love how refreshing, clean and stimulating it is.Did you know lemon essential oil is used to stimulate the mind?

When I created this mandala (so long ago I cant remember what I used as a source image!), it reminded me of a frosted lemon cookie. It also reminded me of a sun...which just happens to be one of my favorite symbols.

So here I am celebrating my 57th birthday! In the coming year I want to learn more about photography (classes start Sept 10th), continue exploring the world of doodles (have you been to My OthEr BLoG yet?), learn more about digital drawing (HeLLo Adobe Illustrator!), and continue to have FUN FUN FUN.

Thank you all for being part of my world, for sharing your inspirations, for honoring my art. Here's to another great year!

~Sue O'Kieffe
Sacred Circle Mandalas

11 comments:

artandtea said...

Happy Birthday wishes to you, Sue! What a yummy looking mandala. I'm with you, I love anything lemon, too.
What wonderful goals you have for the coming year. I wish you joy in pursuing all of them.
Hugs from
Karen

Anonymous said...

Yummy, I like the combination of lemon and ginger. Your mandalas are inspiring me. A photography class, awesome. The is always room for learning. - Happy Birthday.

Thalia said...

Happy 57th Birthday, Sue!

Doe Grozs Art said...

May all your wishes come true :-)
Happy Birthday my fellow mandala maker...
Doreen

goatman said...

Weren't mandalas originally to center the mind? From outside, any outside to the middle, and peace.
This one is beautiful, and certainly lemony.

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Happy Birthday Sue. I'm raising my lemon cookie to you to toast you for all the beauty and joy you bring to all of us and to an upcoming year filled with creativity and fun, fun,fun!

healingmagichands said...

Happy birthday Sue! I have to stop coming here until the picture on the front page is no longer so yummy looking. What fun, a lemon cookie mandala.

John M. Mora said...

Great art and fitting for your celebrations - congratulations on your b day and for the attitude that will navigate you down that sweet lemon frosted road to artistic enrichment.

rivergardenstudio said...

What a lovely blog, your art, your love for nature and everything! I am glad to discover you and I will be returning... Roxanne

Kate Jobe said...

Happy Birthday a few days late...I LOVE this mandala, but then I am always blown away by all of your work..and it doesn't hurt that I, too love anything lemon....Kate

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday tooooo yoooouuuuu!!!! I just discovered lemon humus...yum. I can't say lemon is my favorite over chocolate, but I can say I do like lemon!

Love the Blake quote under the tree root mandala - it looks like wisps of smoke....lovely!