Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2007

MORE MANDALA MYSTERY

personal powerPersonal Power Mandala - (Healing in Circles) - © Sue O'Kieffe 2006

Creating this mandala was my first encounter with finding hidden visual messages in the flowers and stones I use as source images for my artwork. People's reactions to it were varied, but I think creating artwork that elicits strong reactions is a good thing. This mandala continues to be one of my favorite pieces.

I see totem figures: warriors, dogs, ducks, rabbits, and lots of teeth. Mirriam-Webster defines a totem as " any entity which watches over or assists a group of people, such as a family,
clan or tribe. " More recently totem figures have also been adopted by individuals as personal spirit helpers which have personal meaning to them. (Wikipedia) .The center of this mandala is the power medicine these totem figures offer those who are attracted to it. In effect it is an enhancement of our own personal power.

The photograph of the flower I used to create this image is no longer on my harddrive, nor have I ever identified it. Right now, it is just part of the mystery, too.

Please share your thoughts with me. Are you drawn to or do you feel disturbed by this mandala?


1 comment:

dianeclancy said...

Oh I am drawn to this!! Wow - I love it!

The power is vibrating and radiating from this center in a focused purposeful way.

I think it is incredible. I could see images, but I tend to just feel the feeling rather than see the figures.

A keeper!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog