Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2008

AEDM 22 - BANANA ABSTRACTIONS






I have been photographing two banana trees I see on my daily walk for about a year now and have watched them from a point of being trimmed back for winter to growing out again. I would imagine they will be trimmed again soon...the gardener honors the cycle of life!

My intent for AEDM had originally been to experiment more with my camera. It's been challenging with all the rain we've been having lately here on the North Coast of California. Actually Im amazed banana trees even grow here. These trees must like rain!

Oh and hey! Be sure to visit my doodle blog for more Banana Madness!

~sue

8 comments:

L'Adelaide said...

I have not been out and about for a few days in aedm, so came by to see what you are doing....the mandala you made for nature's bounty is absolutely beautiful! I have not been around enough to know how you create these magical things but they are beautiful...

and you have alot of rain up there? we are so dry down here in the bay area, we need some of yours....ah well...love the banana tree photos, they are beautiful, are you in a banana belt up there, no pun intended? I am but I think it's too dry up here in the hills for a banana tree...but then again, it's called a banana belt for a reason, right?

blessings on your day....

John M. Mora said...

these are wonderful...thank you

Anonymous said...

Bananas are not trees, they are herbaceous plants with a 'false stem.' which after flowering and fruiting is replaced by another pseudo-stem.

Yes, they like moisture, and won't tolerate frost. Obviously they prefer tropical climates.

Good to look a little beneath the surface beauty to find out what it is that you are dealing with.

Unknown said...

it is comforting, at least, to be ab le to fill in those places of missing education from you, my readers...i wonder if monkeys know they are not swinging from trees?

Anonymous said...

mellow.yellow


an.herbaceous.mon.key

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, I love the textures, details & colours you have captured in your banana tree photos! Cool! Trade you one Jack Pine Tree for a Banana Tree anyday!! :o)

Ann Christine Dennison said...

They look like wonderful subjects to photograph. I love your photos here!
If I ever met a banana tree I probably would be taking creative shots too :-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos.
Lucky you have such sensitive gardeners where you are. I sometimes wonder about the way grass, grounds, and gardens are disappearing from sight around where I live.