Pages

Sunday, November 02, 2008

DAY 2 - CREATE EVERY DAY MONTH








On my daily walk around the block I often study this particular palm tree behind the local laundromat. (Isn't it amazing the gems we find in such mundane places?) ...


and took some photos of the leaves using various shutter speeds.











green mandalaGreen Mandala - © Sue O'Kieffe 2008

When I took the bottom photo into Photoshop to be mandalized, I used the same basic technique from the photograph in Saturday's post...Photoshop's Find Edges filter set to Multiply and a wee bit of Gaussian blur which gives it that dreamy look. A strong Curves adjustment added boldness and grounding.

I have been craving green in my imagery lately. Even with most of the blooms faded away with the arrival of autumn, I thank goodness for shrubbery and living in a land of evergreens!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this looks like a slice through the stem of the palm tree. Nice calm greens. I like the organic painterly textures you are achieving.

I watched a PBS science program on Fractals this weekend. Really interesting and beautiful.

Kate Jobe said...

Very ethnic in appearance..reminiscent of the four segments of the medicine wheel but with the triad of body, mind, spirit represented in each direction. I like it...and its green-ness

Deb Kirkeeide said...

I'm happy for this creative every day challenge. We get to see your beautiful visions every day. Your work lately has taken on a more bold and strong presence lately, in both color and pattern. I love it. This particular family of green is my favorite - almost teal. Beautiful work as always, Sue!

Steve said...

Hi Sue,
Thanks for visiting my blog a while back. I responded to your comment and thank you for sparking me to think more about the relationship between my work and Alex Grey's.
It is nice to visit your blog and see what you have been creating. I like the green particularly. Take care.
Steve

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, just LOVE your word "Mandalized" totally awesome! (I have this thing about words sometimes LOL) Green is clean, and your mandala is popping, adore really adore that dreamy look!