Pages

Sunday, December 02, 2007

DOODLE BUGS

passion Passion
pen and ink, caran d'arch
© Sue O'Kieffe 2007

never give up Never Give Up
pen and ink
© Sue O'Kieffe 2007

phoneix rising Phoenix Rising
pen and ink, crayon, caran d'arch
© Sue O'Kieffe 2007

Well, Leah's challenge to do art every day in November has officially ended, but it certainly hasn't ended in my heart or mind. And the good news is that she is extending this low pressure challenge in 2008 to be creative every day. Read more about it here!

These are the doodles I doodled during the past week. My hands touched the paper every day. Sometimes fatigue inhibited me from doing much more than touching the paper. The second image isn't done yet; I thought briefly about trying to do what I wanted with it before posting, but truthfully I don't know exactly what I want and so it will wait. I drew the third image for a friend of mine who is experiencing some medical challenges. It is my imagining of what healing energy for him would look like.

This week I also saw myself being more concerned with the product rather than the process. I do find that manipulating imagery is easier for me digitally, but that has come with lots of practice. Im sure that if I were to continue drawing, doodling, playing in this manner that what I wanted to achieve would come easier for me over time.

But mostly I am very grateful to all of you who enjoyed my dribbles. It made me really happy.

Thanks for the encouragement. They were moments of bliss during a week that has been quite stressful. I think the collective is restless.

6 comments:

Leah said...

yes, anything we put our attention on continues to grow and as long as it's giving you joy, i say, keep on going with it! your drawings are lovely and fluid and i look forward to seeing what else you'll create!

Bobbie said...

Enjoyed very much these "dribbles". I will be copying you, dear teacher, and try some out. Just as soon as I get the new computer finished. Still need photoshop installed and am checking out ebay etc. I do hope this next week is less stressful and easier for you. Bless your friend and keep him safe.

Irene said...

I hope you keep posting your doodles. I find them inspirational and today I am going to get out my art supplies. What's left of them anyway, after my niece amused herself with them on many rainy afternoons over the past years. Maybe Santa will be kind to me. I have been a very good girl after all.

dianeclancy said...

Hi Sue,

These are most fun! My fav is the 3rd one ... I guess I always can use some healing ....

I am glad you are touching the paper anyway!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

lebanesa said...

Lovely expressive work. Life-affirming, open and full of energy. Love them

Kris Cahill said...

I like the spirit of continuing the work, even if one is stressed and tired. There are days where I have less to give, but if I still show up, something wonderful can happen.

I love your doodles. They are very fresh feeling!