Pages

Saturday, December 08, 2007

SACRED SILLINESS SATURDAY

going down in flames















Going Down in Flames
pen and ink, crayon, caran d'arch
© Sue O'Kieffe 2007


I've loved loved LOVED everyone's enthusiastic response to my crazy doodles and even considered starting another blog dedicated to 'em, but somebody already had my name of choice (doodleblog). So I am going to dedicate Saturday to SacredSilliness, post my doodle of the week, and point you to my doodles which I am posting at flickr.com I have wanted to investigate this community for a while anyway, and thought this would be less pressure than starting up a whole other blog. I mean, how many do I need, anyway? You can view my other doodles here.

And now I am going to make a confession. There are so many of you out there blogging your heARTs out who I admire and want to support with my time and commentary, but I am momentarily overtaken by life. It is not the holidays, because I barely celebrate. I am not at all a frivolous woman and I would rather comment with heart or not at all. It must be dilemma many of us face. And so I comment when I am moved to instead of out of obligation. Know that I look at all of you often, either via email or RSS feed reader. I feel honored and privileged to be part of this ever growing community of online artists and I wish you all continued creative growth and abundant joy.

Have fun and keep breathing!

7 comments:

Artists With Artitude said...

No worries...We're all in the same boat, my friend. Just enjoy your art and have a good time! We'll always be here :)

Bobbie said...

Yes, we are indeed in the same boat. It isn't that we don't want to, but rather we can't squeeze it all in. I have had to make some choices myself and view many more blogs than I regularly comment on.

The link to flickr is a good idea and we can go there on Saturdays and see what you are up to.

Love this one, going down in flames. yes...very nice and very appropriate!

Tangled Stitch said...

I love,love,love the doodle. Very cool. And I understand about the blogging. I'm having a ball reading all these different blogs and commenting on them, but that's because I just started doing it with regularity. I'm sure when the novelty wears off, I probably will cut it out. Happy Holidays and I enjoy looking at your art and your fabulous mandalas.

Irene said...

Hey, we will always come by here every day and see what you have to offer us. That creates no obligations. Just enjoy and create, that's what it is all about. I love to see all of your artwork!

dianeclancy said...

Hi Sue,

Great doodle!! I understand your dilemma!!

I will be gone for a couple of days so I will post but not comment. I have the posts written. See you soon!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

Kris Cahill said...

I understand all of that, it's how I feel too.

I will be checking in for Sacred Silliness Saturdays, though. I do love your doodles as well as your mandalas. I also like the videos and have learned some interesting things, thanks!

Leah said...

sue, you are one cool lady. i know just what you mean. it's hard to keep up with all the wonderful people i've encountered here in cyberspace even when it's not hectic like it is at the moment and i'm always popping in even if i don't say anything, so i completely understand what you mean!
xoxox