Pages

Sunday, December 09, 2007

HOLIDAY MANDALA 1

holiday heartHOLIDAY HEART - (Seasonal Circle series) - © Sue O'Kieffe 2007

I am giving myself a challenge of posting twelve seasonal images by the end of December.

Im not sure what kind of flower I used for the source image for this mandala. Photographed on a summer's day in my friend's garden,it called to me this winter to be transformed for the holidays.
Any one have an idea what it might be?

I do love the colors of this image....pink for the heart, red for passion, green for growth. When I first created the mandala I was thinking of the expression "cross my heart" when I saw how the center emerged.

Wrap yourself and others in love this season and remember those who matter most.

5 comments:

Bobbie said...

Thank you for the good wishes and I wish the same for you in this season. I much prefer beautiful mandalas to see on my screen to the gift-giving orgy of the commercial celebration of christmas.

Debi said...

If this mandala doesn't add cheer to the season, nothing will.

Beautiful, Sue! Cross my heart.

Irene said...

I recognize the flower, I think, but I don't know its name. The mandala is very beautiful, but then they usually are, aren't they? This red is so powerful and so passionate. Makes me want to kiss it.

Anonymous said...

Lovely red and green mandala..
Do you remember the spirograph (toy) from a few years back? Thinking back, it reminds me of the geometric pattern you made in your previous post...

dianeclancy said...

Hi Sue,

Lovely thoughts - thank you!!

I will keep you and the others here wrapped in my heart!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog