Pages

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

SACRED GEOMETRY DEMONSTRATED

Time for a pop quiz. Were you paying attention to the video I posted yesterday about 7 pennies?

OK, so take the Flower of Life...



...and this mandala Violet Light Mandala - Circles of Light series - © Sue O'Kieffe 2007 and put them together to get ...

Kinda cool, huh?

But wait. It gets better.

I had planned on posting this little demonstration of the sacred geometry encoding in my mandalas , but I had not planned on finding this little serendipitous reference to the Flower of Life. On another blog I read from time to time, an article was posted about the prophecies of the Mayan calendar that some claim predicts the end of the world in 2012. I personally have never felt this was an accurate interpretation. From Mike's post:
At sunrise on December 21, 2012 for the first time in26,000 years the Sun rises to conjunct the intersection of the Milky Way and the plane of the ecliptic. This cosmic cross is considered to be an embodiment of the Sacred Tree, The Tree of Life, a tree remembered in all the world's spiritual traditions. Some observers say this alignment with the heart of the galaxy in 2012 will open a channel for cosmic energy to flow through the earth, cleansing it and all that dwells upon it, raising all to a higher level of vibration.
So what does this mean about meditating upon a mandala using the 7 pennies configuration? Please share your thoughts with me.

ps I apologize for the dark blue font on the quote. No matter what I tried I could not change it to another color. I hope you will mouse over and highlight it to read the text. ~sue

5 comments:

Tangled Stitch said...

It's late and I'm sleepy but the new mandalas are beautiful, I'm too sleepy to figure out the sacred geometry post and I love the doodles.

I enjoy seeing your mandalas every day they bring me peace.

Bobbie said...

I just today watched the clip on sacred geometry and found it to be true in my mandalas too. I have been in wonder about the way the mandalas almost make themselves into geometrical shapes. Once you made the comment that I must be very mathematical, but on the contrary, I am most un-mathematical. Continue enlightening us, Sue!

dianeclancy said...

Hi Sue,

Beautiful mandala! It is cool to see the way your mandala fits the sacred geometry. I haven't watched the video yet ... I will del,iciouse (whatever) it and watch when I can.

I am glad you gave the hint about the text because I was going to skip it since I couldn't read it.

I am with you on these exact predictions ... I have seen too many come and go.

But this is a topic that interests me greatly!!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

Sybil Archibald said...

Beautiful mandala! My thoughts for whatever they are worth!

First off: "Some observers say this alignment with the heart of the galaxy in 2012 will open a channel for cosmic energy to flow through the earth, cleansing it and all that dwells upon it, raising all to a higher level of vibration." This doesn't sound like the end of the world to me. It sounds like an amazing opportunity to grow!

Second, I think this is what mandalas do anyway, opening a channel for energy to flow through. The sacred spiritual principle "as above, so below" remains true here. The universe aligns in the mandala.

Great post!

Anonymous said...

I'm not familiar with sacred geometry, etc. However the geometric pattern layered over the mandala is just spectacular!