Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2007

HOLIDAY MANDALA 10

new year's eve mandalaNew Year's Eve Mandala - (Seasonal Circle series) - © Sue O'Kieffe 2007
source image - fiddlehead fern

Debi Cates' love of grasses inspired this particular mandala, taken from a photograph of an unfolding fiddlehead fern. I love spirals and fibonacci numbers and finding them appear in nature. I've talked about feeling contemplative and introspective the past few days. I've not only wanted to gather before me what I accomplished this past year, but feel into my intent for the coming year. I've had lots of different adjectives come up for me to describe my desire for 2008, but nothing really felt "right" to me, until I read Christine Kane's blog on the Resolution Revolution. If you do not already read Christine Kane's blog, I would heartily recommend adding her humor and wisdom to your blog reading list.

So below is my resume, if you will, of my life in 2007. I would love it if you would share some of your own highlights here, or on your own blog, or both!

2007 was a year of HEALING from the past and AFFIRMING the new
Recovered from major surgery
Launched a greeting card business
Participated in an Artists in Business focus group (ongoing thru March 2008)
Developed an art blog and a community of readers
Started posting Photoshop tutorials on my blog on a semi-regular basis
Was featured in four local art shows
Submitted a mandala to an art show for digital artists in Fresno, CA that had an international call for submissions and guaranteed acceptance
Established three local wholesale accounts for my greeting cards
Sold my holiday greeting cards to a highly desirable local retail gift shop (my big goal fulfilled for the year)
Gained greater confidence in my art's desirability
Began conversation with a manufacturer of home furnishings about licensing my art to her

Returned to the work force after a five year period of reinvention and transformation

WHEW!

Tomorrow I will post my intents for 2008. I will tell you right now it begins with having F U N!

12 comments:

Artists With Artitude said...

Happy New Year! The best is yet to come, my friend :)

Sybil Archibald said...

Wishing you a happy New Year!

dianeclancy said...

Hi Sue,

This is a beautiful mandala! It is very striking!!

What a wonderful roundup of the year.

Perhaps I will do that too on my blog ... but when ... it is getting so booked ahead already!!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

Irene said...

Hi Sue, my emails to you are coming back to me undelivered again. So, yes on the project so far. High quality signed prints, 8 1/2 by 11 on good paper. Kokopelli and Healing Energy. Let me know how much.

Beautiful mandala! Sorry for the short note. Have to go watch fireworks at my sister's house.

John M. Mora said...

Simply beautiful image - just lovely and captures the season both in spirit and climate.

Thank you for your comments and the web site link - I will check it soon.

My best.

John M. Mora said...

In 2007 I started doing art again, after many years of taking my children's photos, parenting, working, raking leaves. All things I still do, although now I also paint with bytes and Golden acrylics.

I guess for a number of years I did garden as a creative outlet, but maybe around February I started creating my electronic quilts and even blogging to myself.

2008 shoudl be an important year...

Congratulations on all your achievements, Sue. The mandala just graces your year.

Bobbie said...

Sue, I love what you did with this mandala. The division and inversion is fantastic. Your list of accomplishments for 2007 is very impressive, but I like your attitude for 2008! Happy New Year and more success in every way in the future!

Tangled Stitch said...

Happy New Year and what a lovely mandala. All your mandalas are lovely I sound like a broken record. Have a wonderful happy, peaceful New Year.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
artandtea said...

Wow, what an amazing list of achievements for 2007, Sue. Hope 2008 is even more amazing and, most importantly, fun!
Congratulations on all you have done and experienced.
I love what you've done with this mandala. Fiddlehead ferns are so graceful in their unfurling. Beautiful!
-Karen

Deb Kirkeeide said...

That's awesome Sue, congratulations on all you've accomplished this year. Happy New Year!

Debi said...

This mandala goes so well with the cusp of the New Year. Yin and Yang. Old New. Light Dark. All the things that are part of change, beginnings and ends. Without one, we wouldn't have the other.

I always enjoy your carefully chosen links as well. You are a cornucopia of esoteric knowledge and I love it.

I was also very pleasantly surprised to see my link. Being here I feel like I have arrived! :)