pen and ink, crayola 'silver swirl' crayons
© Sue O'Kieffe 2007
Fellow Minnesotan Deb Kirkeeide (whose last name is almost as challenging to spell as mine!) of Painting du Jour has tagged me. Here are the 'rules'
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
Some fun facts about me:
- When I was in junior high school, I drew flowers on my legs and then went shopping for shoes at Southdale (the first covered mall in the United States) with my best friend Sandy. I'm a doodler from way back!
- I grew up in Minnesota, moved to Iowa when I was twenty three, and have lived on the North Coast of California since 1985. I can't imagine a more beautiful place to live. This is home.
- In July 2001, right before my 50th birthday, I had my aura read and was told in five years I wouldn't even recognize my life. In July 2006 I was beginning to affirm my new life as an artist and waiting to undergo life- transforming surgery. What a difference five years makes!
- My favorite vegetables are the three A's - asparagus, artichokes, and avocados
- Before I became a digital artist, I loved beadwork, collage, embroidery and mosaic making. And doodling!
I know I have a lot brewing just below the surface, but thoughts aren't coming easily for me. I am putting myself in a position of being an introspective observer as I contemplate the beginning of a new year.
How do you approach the end of one year and the beginning of another?
Oh, and before I forget, I have been gleaning Solstice and other winter traditions from the book The Winter Solstice, The Sacred Traditions of Christmas, by John Matthews. I purchased this book a few years back from One Spirit book club, but this is the first year I have really looked at it.